Friday, November 8, 2013

I can't think of a title

  I think that blogging can be like therapy for me...I don't do it very often but I feel like I can just write whatever I'm feeling in the moment and I don't really have to worry about how someone else is going to feel about it. In the last little while I have gone and met with my doctor to get my medication switched up to see if that would help with my anxiety and depression. While at the doctor's office I pretty much cried the entire visit. She made me feel so stupid and like I'm some sort of drug seeker. She told me that she couldn't understand how I could be so depressed but not be suicidal. Uhh, thanks?!? Anyhow she winded up changing my medication but told me she was going to give me the smallest dose possible and that I would feel terrible for a couple of weeks and that she wanted me to come back in, in two weeks because the dose she gave me wasn't going to help. Because I have all of the time and money in the world to keep going back to see her every two weeks. So I have made an appointment to see another doctor. I'm just not willing to be treated that way, which I have found out means that my depression is a little better. :) I'm still not doing super great at work, I just can't seem to stay focused or even to care that I'm so behind. Which is not good! I'm hoping with a new doctor and getting the right medication on board that will change.
  I found out this week that my friend Molly from LA is moving to Utah really soon, she got a job at the University of Utah hospital as a nurse and we have been out looking for a place for her to live. I'm so excited for her to be here!
  Oh yeah, I'm also looking for a new therapist. I went to a counselor at LDS family services but I don't feel like it helped at all. I think I just need to suck it up and realize that I'm going to have to pay a co-pay to find someone who can help. I have also started to knit again and I'm going to start sewing a couple of dresses and skirts for Molly Jane and I for the cruise in January. Which thankfully I'm starting to feel less anxious about. I'm going to go and I'm not going to just sit in the cabin and I'm going to have a good time. I might need help getting the motivation but I will have two of my best friends with me and pretty much all of Molly's family and it is hard to stay in my room or be really depressed when I'm with all of them. I'm SO thankful that they all feel like my family and that they have welcomed me in with such open arms!

1 comment:

Emily said...

I'm so glad you're getting a different doctor and trying therapy again. Come over anytime for sewing, I'd be happy to help. Love You.